Monday, February 27, 2012

Color: Orange

Theme of the Day: The Color Orange
Age: 21 months

Which Is Orange? and Color Walk

Instead of creating new color sets, I gathered the ones I already had on hand from other color days. This is a color that Honey Pot is not too familiar with, and so she had a difficult time with these at first. Despite sometimes getting the answer wrong, she is always so excited to do this activity. As usual, we followed with a color walk around the house, where she pointed out to me other items that are orange. (I don’t have any pictures though!) Again, this is definitely a color we need to return to!






























Do-A-Dot Art

I printed off this fun printable from one of my go-to sites, Making Learning Fun. And with Honey Pot's newest art supply, washable dot markers, she went at it. “Dot, dot, dot!”































Snow Paint

I found this fun idea at a blog called Really Quite Lucky. I combined water, food coloring and a small dab of paint in a spray bottle. Then, before the snow from last week completely melted away, we headed outside to paint it. Honey Pot took an interest in it initially, but being outside in the snow is just too much fun! So she gave it a few squirts then spent the rest of our time outside just walking around blissfully. Of course, as soon as we came inside she begged for the squirt bottle! Perhaps when we have more snow, I’ll gather some up in a bucket for some indoor fun…some very supervised and towel-laid indoor fun. :)



























































Orange with Lunch

Quite impromptu, I decided to emphasize the color orange in Honey Pot's lunch today. I gave her an orange plate, and served oranges and Cheetos with her sandwich. Had I planned this in advance, I may have given her grilled cheese (with orange cheese) or colored her bread orange, as I have seen on Pinterest!
















Fruit Loop Necklace

Honey Pot and I sat down at the table with a plate full of Fruit Loops. I asked her to pull out all of the orange ones for me. After I showed her one or two, she was able to help me. But she was very busy eating all of the ones that weren’t orange! Then I strung the orange Fruit Loops onto an orange thread, and tied it into a necklace for her. She thought it was a fun way to eat them! Note we also dressed in orange today!